Monday, January 12, 2015

SUCCESS!!!

My apartment search is over!   I have signed a lease, dropped off the required deposits and picked up my keys.   But I won't be moving in for a while.   Next week I will be traveling to Maine to go through my things in storage deciding what to bring down.

I found a great place right on Shore Road in Bay Ridge in Brooklyn.   Yes, it's not in Manhattan but I did say that if I couldn't have Central Park, then I wanted water.   This is the entrance...

And this is the lobby...

And this is what's right across the street...


You've got it...water...

There's a park right across the street - long and narrow - so I will have a great place to walk. And there's a walkway that goes over the Belt Parkway below and connects to another park right on the water.  

The bridge in the picture is the Verrazano Bridge which connects Staten Island and Brooklyn. I'll be able to watch the ships coming in and going out of the New York Harbor.

The apartment is a large (700+square feet) one bedroom with a large foyer, very large closets and great eat-in kitchen.   The view isn't great, but that's okay.   I plan on being outside taking in the view while walking.

The subway entrance is four blocks away.   And 3rd and 4th Avenues are crammed full of deli's, restaurants, specialty shops, etc.   And 86th has all the big box and mall-type stores I will ever need.

So, yes, I am happy and can't wait to move in.  But, remember this will be a studio with an apartment attached, not an apartment with a studio crammed in someplace.   So I will not be bringing down most of the furniture that I kept.  And there's not a bike room so I may leave my bike in storage also. At least until I know what type of bike trails are available.

Now that the search is over, I will be able to concentrate on the new adventures I want to experience this year.   And, of course, I will bring you along with me...including to Maine when I go up next week.

By the way, the weather has turned cold and wet - read that ice - I think the high tomorrow is 19.   But then there is a warm-up coming so that it will be in the 40's by the end of the week.   I'll be happy about that.   I'm going through a couple tanks of propane a week right now.

Thanks for checking things out here...
Talk to you later...