Thursday, January 29, 2015

SECOND ART ADVENTURE - METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART


The Metropolitan Museum of Art is really large...imagine a building three times the picture and you begin to get an understanding.

When you enter, your bags are checked and then you have to wind your way to where ever you need to go - in my case the Membership table.   Think three of these in the main hall and you begin to get an idea of the size inside.


I joined at the individual membership rate which does include lots of perks.   The day I visited I wanted to especially see the Treasures from India exhibit as it was closing in a couple days...


Pictures of many exhibits are allowed using no flash.  The jewels were beautiful - breathtaking actually, if you like that sort of thing.   They are not necessarily a favorite item of mine, but I have to say I was truly impressed.

After seeing the Treasures from India exhibit, I decided just to walk around and check out a few more exhibits.   Loved this chariot...


I've actually never seen one up close and personal.   This is part of their permanent exhibits so I will go back later and take more time to share things with you.

There was also a  Cubism Exhibit as well as the Madame Cezanne Exhibit both of which I will be exploring later this month.

This particular painting really caught my attention.   I don't know why, really.   It's very big and somewhat dark, but I sat down in front of it and was totally mesmerized...
I did write down the artist and the name but can't find it right now.   I'll check it out next time I'm there.

There are several places to eat ranging in price from very affordable to extremely expensive. I decided to treat myself to dinner in the Members Dining Room on the fourth floor.   Beautiful views of the city...

I ordered a Mediterranean Octopus Salad...

Fresh Local Scallops with three sauces and roasted vegetables...



Very delicious and very filling.   I choose coffee to end the meal.   And no, I won't be eating here on a regular basis, but one has to treat one's self sometimes - don't they?

There are several events on the member's calendar that I am interested in attending.   Between MOMA and the MMofA, I think I will be keeping very busy.  

However, don't think that all my adventures in NYC will include museums.   I can't wait to go to one of the lunch truck cook-offs, or the Chelsea Market, or the Botanical Gardens - both New York and Brooklyn.   And festivals!   My goodness, my calendar could be totally booked with those.

And, many things will only cost the price of a subway ride.   Central Park,   The Highline Park.   River Walks.  And free music abounds during the warmer seasons.

Getting excited?   I know I am.

Thanks for visiting...
Have a great day...