Wednesday, January 28, 2015

UPDATE ON MOVING INTO MY APARTMENT...

First off, I wanted to let you know that the internet has been down here for a few days which is why I couldn't upload any posts.

Second, although we were in an area that could have received up to two feet of snow, the storm basically passed us by and we only received about six inches.

I do have to say that everyone around really geared up for the two feet including me.  I made sure I had food, both propane tanks filled, and a shovel handy to keep the pathway to the house open.

It was pretty tho...

Third, the storm did affect some things like moving things into my new apartment.   Because of the storm I will not be getting to Maine until the middle of the month.   But that may be a blessing in disguise because one of my children who has the week off will be going with me to help sort and pack the truck AND drive it down to NYC.

The cheapest rate I could find for professionally moving my things was $3,000.   By doing it myself, I will save $2,000.   And $1000 includes the cost of the truck, gas for both vehicles, hotel room, food, etc.   Plus, I will be able to see my friends in Portland which is always an added bonus.

Finally, I have set up the Con Ed and the internet for my apartment.   So I will begin moving things from my trailer next Monday.   I figure three trips should do it.   Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday hopefully.

Beginning tomorrow, I will be packing things in boxes for easy transport.  I purchased a folding dolly which I will keep in the car.   This will be great when I go shopping.   I will be parking on the street and who knows how far away I may end up.   The dolly together with my folding plastic carts will eliminate lots of trips from car to apartment.

Tomorrow, I'll share with you my second art adventure...

Keep warm...
Keep safe...
Thanks for dropping by...