Thursday, February 12, 2015

A DAY FOR REMEMBERING???

Do you ever get a feeling of nostalgia?   Kind of a feeling in your gut that you want something but can't quite figure out what it is?   Well, that's where I've been today.   Remembering? REMEMBERING!

But the funny thing is...I don't know what it is that I am really remembering.   More of a feeling than anything else.

For the good ole days?   Not really?   Maybe for a better, less stressful time?   Get real - there's always stress.   It's just that when viewed from afar, the stress seems to disappear.

You know what I have been doing today?   Watching Julia Child's first cooking show, 'The French Chef'.  (Thank goodness for You Tube.)  Along with paying bills and working on my book  of meditations.

I am still at a bit of a stall right now.   I have always been a type of person that wants to get things done asap.   It won't surprise you that this move has driven me crazy...CRAZY!   Every time I get ready to do something, other things like major snow storms interfere.

And now I feel like I am in a holding pattern until I get to Maine next week, sort my stuff, load what I want on a truck and get it back to NYC.  Once that's done, I feel like I can get on with my life.

Unfortunately, that's not really the best way to handle delays.   And I really do know it, but there it is.

When I was meditating a thought came to mind and would not leave.   No amount of concentrating on my breathing erased it away.   Simply said, it reminded me that my life is a gift to me.

When all is said and done, I do realize that my life is a gift to me AND I need to use that gift with love.   So what does that have to do with remembering, nostalgia and my move?

Well, first of all, it's all right to spend time remembering and being nostalgic for something even if you can't quite articulate exactly what your nostalgic for.   BUT, it really isn't okay to wait until a perfect time to get on with your life whatever that 'perfection' is.

So, I took the bull by the horns and set about doing things now instead of waiting for that perfect time which for me is a great way to procrastinate.  I took care of immediate things like bills and then I spent time writing including today's post.

And now I am listening to Julia Child talking about roasting chickens...it's really a hoot.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...