Friday, February 13, 2015

IT'S COLD OUT THERE!!!

The temperature was in the teens today and this evening it dropped to the single digits.   It's cold out there!  And yes, I did go out to do the shopping, picking up some necessities to hold me over the weekend.

One of the things I saw when out shopping were the dump trucks ready for snow in the Red Hook area.   Looks like we may get some snow but not like Maine and Massachusetts.

In case you aren't aware, there's another blizzard going up the coast hitting Boston and Portland.   Dumping another foot of snow.   Another delay in getting my stuff from Maine.  

Hopefully, later on in the week I will be able to get to Maine.  No one can say this move to my NYC apartment has been a piece of cake.  

So back to perfection and procrastination (from yesterday's post) - I don't know how you feel about the double whammy of perfection and procrastination but it's easy for me to fall into that trap.  

Each of us has our own idea of perfection.   Mine isn't a super clean house or compulsive straightening.   It's more like getting things settled.   (i.e. completely moving into my apartment).  Or, decorating for the holidays.   Etc., etc., etc.

And if I'm not careful, I really do wind up procrastinating, again and again.   Each time I have to make a concerted effort to 'take the bull by the horns' and give myself a good talking to...in other words, get real and get back to work.

How do you handle perfection?   How do you handle procrastination?  Do you let them take over your life, or have you found a way to combat them?   I'd be interested in knowing your solutions.

Hope you have a great weekend...
Thanks for checking things out here...
Talk to you next week...