Thursday, March 12, 2015

A TRIP TO THE BRONX

To get to the Bronx, I take the R Train to 14th Street/Union Square and then switch to the 6 Train up to the Bronx.   Interestingly there is construction on the subway somewhere in the Bronx or Manhattan so there are no express trains only local trains.

I went to the Banknote Restaurant for lunch.   The special today was salmon balls and fried rice...
Very, very good...

One of the things they do is grow much of their own vegetables and herbs in towers...
Here are a few of them.   Watering and lights are automatic so no one has to remember to do either.   The produce is so big that they actually have surplus.  When the plants are fully grown you can't see the towers for all the produce.   The tomatoes quickly escape the fences!

A quick peak to only one part of the kitchen...
The kitchen has as many as 14 students working when the restaurant is open.

On another front, my fabric landscape is continuing...
I did add the church and a few more trees.   I do not think I will add any more buildings but there are lots of details and other items that I want to add like more trees, building details, roads, people, fences, animals, etc.   With the basics in now comes the fun of adding all the details which I love to do.

My scrap creations has also grown...
Not sure what I will do with this, but it has been fun to use the scraps...

Another beautiful day today but rather windy.   I think the temperature is lower than originally forecast but still warm enough to be outside!  

That's all for now...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...