Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WALKING BY THE HARBOR

Today is another beautiful day.   The temperature is already in the high fifties and should hit sixty today!   The snow and ice are melting.

I went out to walk in the park across the street from my apartment building and, of course, I took some photos...

 You can't even see the Belt Parkway from the top walkway!


The walkway is very, very, very long.   And if you want to walk further, simply take one of the walkways the stretches over the Belt Parkway and you can walk right on the water.

There is still some snow in the lower part of the park.

The large Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

An island just outside the New York Harbor.

A ship on the way out of the harbor.

Last night it must have been foggy because I heard the foghorn blast every few minutes.   A comforting sound to me...that deep, deep rumbling sound.

Remember I showed you the typical floor patterns in New York City...

Well, this is the design on the walkway in the park across the street...
Look familiar?

Tomorrow I will be traveling to the Bronx for lunch at a high school with an excellent culinary program.   (Of course, one of my children runs the program!)

Hope you are having a great day...
Also hope that spring is arriving at your place of residence...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...