Tuesday, March 10, 2015

THE STRAND BOOKSTORE

The Strand is a large bookstore with miles of used books.   There are also new books and other things like bags, journals, etc.  Although the actual square footage of the store is not giant (but not small either) the number of books is.  Two full floors with rare books on the third floor and a basement full of media - dvds, albums, audio books, etc.

The Strand is located a couple blocks away from Union Square so I took a few pictures of the Square...

The statue is of George Washington.

I also took some pictures of unique buildings on the way to The Strand...



Bike racks in the front.   Did you catch the name on the chocolate store across the street?

Finally, the Strand...







All those lights are above ten foot high crammed full book shelves.   By the way, there are lots of ladders all around which patrons can use.

The books are well organized and well priced.   I spent a long time there and could have stayed longer.   As a matter of fact, I know I will be back many times.

By the way, these floors are all over NYC.  I love the small tiles...

On the way back I took a couple pictures on the subway...
 Waiting for the R train...

 Artwork in the subway...

Love this advert...

Well, that's all for today...
Thanks for dropping in...