Monday, March 9, 2015

SPRING! IT'S COMING!

This weekend was a real relief from the winter weather.   The temperature warmed up and I was able to get some errands run.   I also found a great diner.

If you're in the Lynbrook, NY area, check out the Lynbrook Diner at 401 Sunrise Highway.   Is it busy?  Yes, but the service is great.   And the food is fantastic.

I also managed to do a little more on my fabric landscape...

I may add one more building but not quite sure.   Maybe a church in the background.   I also want to add a frozen pond with skaters.   First, though, I will be adding windows, doors, snow and decorative items to each of the buildings.

I am still having fun with the scrap pieces...

I am actually thinking of gluing the pieces down on a book cover rather than sewing.   What do you think?

Today the temperature was in the mid fifties so I spent the afternoon walking around my neighborhoods.   I found a vitamin/herb shop which is close and the prices are very good.   I also found a great larger grocery store as well as several little specialty food stores.   And one of my favorite places...

For supper this evening, I made myself a great salad...

And a beef stew...

Busy day!   Tomorrow I plan on visiting The Strand Book Store in lower Manhattan.   Be sure to check back and see what treasures I find.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...