Monday, March 16, 2015

WHAT A BUSY WEEKEND!!!

Well, I told you that my weekend was going to be busy and it was!!!   On Saturday, I went to Pennsylvania.   Allentown and Bethlehem to be exact.   

First up was breakfast...
Now, if you have never been to a Waffle House and eaten one of their waffles you are missing out on one great meal.   I first encountered Waffle Houses when I lived in the deep south and was so happy to find one a bit closer.   Their waffles are better than even mine...and mine are pretty good!

Then while running some errands I saw a covered bridge...

In Bethlehem, I saw several Moravian buildings...



Including the Moravian Book Store which is a wonderful place to browse...







...and there were still more places in the store to visit.   I had a great time just looking at everything.   And, yes, I purchased some candles and a book on old fashioned green crafts...all of which were on sale.

On Sunday, I went up north to pick up two new additions to the family...

A couple of rescued parakeets.   How do Chip and Dale like them?   Well, they're not exactly sure what to do about them.   Mostly, Chip ignores them and Dale just stares.   When I'm not around or at night, I do keep them in the bedroom with the door closed just to be on the safe side.

And today I needed to do some grocery shopping and this little bag from Good Will ($3.00) came in handy...

It expands to this with wheels and a stand...

Pretty nice.   Made carrying home groceries quite easy.

I hope your weekend was as full and exciting as mine was.   Of course, now I have to take a day to rest up!!!

There's a new weekly prompt posted.

Thanks for checking in...
Talk to you tomorrow...
(Rain is in the forecast so I may not go anywhere but we'll see...)