Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?

Tuesday - already?   Does it seem to you like the days fly by?  

I remember (when I was young) when the days just seemed to drag on and on.   Waiting for the clock to finally reach that magical moment when the bell rang and school was out!   Or finishing up my chores so I could go outside?  Or waiting to open presents on Christmas Day?

Well, that's certainly not a description of my todays lately.   I could swear that I just climbed out of bed a few minutes ago and fixed myself a cuppa...and that was almost twelve hours ago!

Time.   It's precious.   And too many times I feel like it is sifting through my hands so fast that I can't catch it.   Well, of course, I can't really catch it but you know what I mean.  I wonder why.   No kids to take care of unless you count Chip and Dale and my two newly arrived pets.   No deadlines at work...I am retired.

Maybe, just maybe, I am not being mindful of my time.   You know, really being present to it.   No, I don't want to be so obsessive that I check off each minute but maybe I should at least be aware of blocks of time.

So what did I do today:  Straightened the apartment, moved the parakeets to the living room, vacuumed the apartment, fixed breakfast, read several magazine articles, read a chapter in one book, read two chapters in another book, worked on my landscape, worked on a drawing, checked finances, checked e-mails - once, downloaded purchased digital programs, took pictures.  And that was just what I did before noon.  Okay I guess I did a lot.   By the way, the tv has not even been turned on.

So this is what I did on my landscape.   The house went from this...

To this...

I have a few more details to add but I like it so far.

And I worked on my latest journal page...

Back to the two new additions to the household.   First of all, no one knew what their names were or even if they had names.   So, let me introduce...

Linus...

And Lucy...
She's a bit shy!

It's been windy today.   Tomorrow is supposed to be rather cold - not bone chilling cold, but cold enough and they're calling for snow on Friday!   And I thought we were done with winter.   Guess not!

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...