Friday, April 24, 2015

CHINESE FOOD and WEEKEND ADVENTURES

The week certainly went by very fast.   Today was so cold that when I went out this evening, I pulled out and wore my winter jacket...my winter jacket!   And the heat has been on all day.

Do you like Chinese food?   I always loved Chinese food but my only exposure to it was the American style fast food Chinese food.   Well, I eat regularly at a restaurant in China town in Brooklyn and the food is very different from what I was used to.   But so much better.   No MSG.   Very little if any salt.   Light sauces.   And fresh, fresh vegetables.

As a matter of fact, I like to shop at the Chinese grocery stores because their food is wonderful and very fresh.   And very different.   Lots of vegetables that I am not familiar with and a large variety of seafood.

So, do you have any plans for the weekend?   There are a number of things I would like to attend but not unless it warms up a bit.   Tramping through the outdoors while wearing my winter jacket is not very appealing.   There's the Art Expo at Pier 94 which promises to be an inspiring event.   Several artists I enjoy will be exhibiting.

Then the Brooklyn Botanical Garden has a Chinese weekend with an abundance of Chinese activities for all ages.  

And finally, there's always the option to just stay home and enjoy the quiet of the weekend...

Which would you choose...

I'll let you know what I do on Monday.

Have a great weekend doing exactly what you want to do...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you on Monday...