Monday, April 27, 2015

SPRING HAS SPRUNG and CREATION IS THE SPICE OF LIFE

I went for a walk today...actually twice.   First to go pick up a few things from the local grocery store and second to walk in the park and soak up some sun.   It wasn't exactly warm...I wore a heavy sweatshirt and a winter fleece vest.   But the sun was in and out and the wind was just a bit breezy.   And guess what I found?   Spring has sprung around here.   The flowers and grass and even dandelions are all out...









Quite beautiful and refreshing after a long winter.

My wall garden is doing fairly well, I did lose the expected plant, but I have also lost two more.   Most of the rest look healthy and I think will survive.   I'll keep you up to date with some pictures soon.   I ordered some seeds so I can plant some salad greens.   Think I may need a bit more dirt, tho.

Remember this picture...

Well, I finished it and it's hanging above my sofa/bed...

The blue is a bit more aqua colored than the picture portrays, but the rest is right on.   I have had fun playing around with it.

I am also working on my journal.   More than half the pages are finished.   Maybe by tomorrow, I'll have it finished.   It's a journal for someone else to fill in with prompts on each page like 'Write a letter to yourself', or, 'Where would you like to fly?'.

Tomorrow, I will be exploring a few places in lower Manhattan as well as some thrift shops in Brooklyn.   I'll be sure to take some photos to share.

There's a new Weekly Journal Prompt posted:  'Creation is the spice of life!'   I really believe that.   I didn't always, but then I didn't really take the time to understand that creation was part of my life.  

It's only as I look back on my life that I realize that the times I enjoyed my life the most were when I was creating something.   Maybe a new meal for the family.   Or, composing a new song for the choir.   Or, decorating for the holidays.   Or, coming up with new and inexpensive gifts for the children.   Or, learning a new crafting technique.   Or decorating the house on a very frugal budget. Creation really was, and still is, the spice of my life.   I hope that you may find it so in your life also.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...