Wednesday, April 22, 2015

EARTH DAY and FABRIC SCRAPS

EARTH DAY
Today is EARTH DAY!  Did you know that, or did it go by unnoticed?   One of my favorite quotes about the earth is very revealing, I think...

'The earth is what we all have in common.' - Wendell Berry

I hadn't thought about the fact that, really, the earth is what all of us earthdwellers...every one of us...have in common.   Maybe if we could start there and look at all of us as part of a whole rather than compartmentalizing everything we could see that as one of us goes, so go the rest of us.   Like it or not, we are all connected and what better way to understand this than to realize that we all are connected to this vessel we call earth.  Maybe it's time to value it and take care of it like it has taken care of us.   What do you think?

FABRIC SCRAPS
While at the City Quilters yesterday, I picked up a couple rolls of fabric scraps from one of the center tables like this one...

When I unrolled the pieces of fabric, this is what I found...

The fabric is heavy weight and I can't wait to use it in my journaling.   Here's a close-up of each piece...






Can't you just imagine an abundance of ways to use these pieces.  I know I can.

A storm just rolled through.   Not much rain.  A bit of hail.   Some lightening and thunder.   And now it's just dark out.   Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer because I will be traveling to the park and to the Bronx for lunch.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...