Monday, April 20, 2015

I'M BACK and FEELING BETTER...

It's been a while since I last posted.   A couple weeks ago,  one of my sons had vacation and we went all over the city exploring this and that.   Then, at the end of the week, we went to City Island and Pelham Beach just to look around.  

Pelham Beach is really something!   And City Island was fun but a lot of the restaurants are still closed. At any rate, the temperature was in the mid 30's with a howling wind (and windchill) and pelting rain. Kind of like today!

Well, to make the story short, I got an enormous head cold.   Actually went to the doctor this past week to make sure it hadn't settled in my lungs...it hadn't, thank goodness.  At any rate, the head cold knocked me out of commission for the entire week.   Lost my voice.   Lost several pounds (That's a good thing!).   And lost time because I just slept...a lot!

I'm feeling better now albeit still a bit on the tired side.   Voice is back.   Pounds still gone (Again, that's a good thing.)   And I am ready to re-enter the land of the doing.

I actually was going into Manhattan today, but when I woke up - actually, it began when I went to bed last night - the high winds were being very dramatic as was the rain being pelted on the windows.
Thinking that maybe staying home was the best thing, I postponed my trip until tomorrow.

This weekend, I did pick up some plants - all on a great sale - and some dirt to work on my plant wall...

I didn't have enough dirt to fill all the sections so I used a filters for each section that allows water to flow through but keeps the dirt in place.   I have several different types of herbs.   I am also trying some small tomatoes and mini eggplants.   They are at the top of the wall.   I am hoping to train them to go up. Who knows what will happen.   It will be fun to watch.

I want to pick up some more dirt and fill in some of the sections to plant salad fixings seeds.   Have to find some first.   Here's what the wall looks like now...

The plants really perked up this afternoon so I think that only one plant won't make it.   Second from the left on the top row of the bottom case.   It's basil and it looked pretty bad, but I thought I would try it.   The basil next to it looks very good.  (on the edge)

Someone once asked me if Chip and Dale really were brothers.   Yes, they are.   They even sleep alike!


And no, these pictures are not of the same cat.   Top one is Chip and the bottom one is Dale!

Last week I did get to several places including Central Park.   Only a few spring flowers were out at that time...

I'm hoping that today's wind didn't blow away any of the other blossoms before I get a chance to see and photograph them.   I'll be checking the park out this week.  And I will be sharing photos of some of the places that I visited a couple weeks ago over the next few days.

There's a new prompt posted...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...