Thursday, May 14, 2015

A COUPLE JOURNAL PAGES and A NEIGHBORHOOD PIG ROAST

Today was one of those wonderful days.   Temperatures in the 70's, sun shining and a nice breeze blowing.   Perfect for a neighborhood pig roast.   This one was in the Bronx...

I thought about posting the pictures of the pigs roasting but...well...maybe some of you may be a bit squeamish about the whole thing so I decided not to.  

There was a lot of BBQ besides the pork - hamburgers (of course) and chicken and beef kabobs plus lots of sides.   And all for free.   Not that's my kind of celebration.   And the pork...I don't think I have had such a tender, juicy piece before.

JOURNAL PAGES
I managed to finish two of the journal pages.   The first one I posted yesterday, but I did say that there was more I wanted to add...and I did...

And here's the second journal page...

The backgrounds were acrylic paint, thinned down and watercolor.   I used white acrylic paint, metallic gold paint (which reads kind of a light brown - but believe me, it does sparkle) and a variety of Prismacolor markers for the rest.

Tomorrow lower Manhattan.   I'm looking for a couple books so I'll stop by The Strand first.   And if I have time, The Mysterious Bookstore.

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...
Can you believe that tomorrow is Friday?   I can't...the weeks are just flying by!