Friday, May 15, 2015

WEEKEND PLANS - QUICK LANDSCAPE WALL HANGING

My weekend is booked already.   Visiting possible apartments with one of my sons.   Driving up to Beacon where Duchess is parked to pick up a few things.   And grocery shopping...not my favorite thing to do.

Anyway,  I have been watching landscape quilting on You Tube and on The Quilt Show.   I don't know how many of you watched Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson on tv.   Well, when her show was cancelled, she decided to take it to the internet.

The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims is a top rate production quilt show that has been on for several years.   You can watch some free shows to see if you're interested in joining the paid membership.   I have to tell you, though, that it is an excellent show and I have enjoyed every episode.

One of the shows featured Karen Eckmeier and her simple landscapes...thus, my weekend plan.   I picked out my fabric already...
Now that I'm looking at the selection, I think I will add a couple more light pieces - maybe a lighter green and a bit brighter one of flowers.   Think that will work?

The other project that Ms. Eckmeier showed was her Happy Villages which I thoroughly love.   And when I saw how easy it was to make, I was sold.   I wanted to add that to my weekend plans also, but thought that maybe my weekend was full enough so that I will save until next week!!!   A couple days won't matter, right?

I hung up my two latest journal pages...

Still haven't figured out the camera problem.   Anyway, I just like to have my creations out so I can look at them to see what works (for me) and what doesn't.  

How do you display your creations?   You do display them, right?   If not, do it!   They are an expression of your creative vision and that vision is a gift both to you and through you to the world.   So I say display them proudly.

Well, you know my weekend plans...what about you?   Is your weekend full with activities or is this the weekend you plan on relaxing?   Either way, I hope you have a great couple of days...

Thanks for checking in today...
Talk to you on Monday...
Hopefully with a completed, small, landscape...