Tuesday, June 16, 2015

COLORED PENCIL 'CASE' & REALLY, JUNE IS HALFWAY THROUGH...

We are already halfway through June!!!   If summer continues like this, I'll be putting up fall decorations next week.   I thought the older I got, the slower time goes...not so much!!!

It has been raining the past couple of days...it's raining right now as a matter of fact.   It's also foggy out - I've been hearing the fog horns sounding.   Love that sound.

The trip out west is coming up fast...I hope to leave the last weekend of the month, pick up my grandson in Maryland and make a bee line west.   This time, Duchess will be a vacation travel trailer, not my home.   So, I won't be taking everything but the kitchen sink - there's already one in Duchess so I wouldn't need it!

It will be a lot lighter and Lady J should be getting much better mileage.   Should be easier to haul up those mountain roads when I get out west also.

So, this weekend I wanted to make a colored pencil case.   I finally settled on something to store my pencils in so they would be easy to see, would not roll off a table and be easily accessible.   This is what I came up with...

It's a roll of pencils, each one in it's own individual pocket...


I can stand it up or hang it up...

It may be a bit much to take on hiking trips, so I made a smaller one to take only those pencils I want...

This way I have the best of both worlds.   And I hope to spend some serious time working with my colored pencils.   Every time I do spend extra time, the efforts are well worth it.

So, now, I have the doodle case finished, the watercolor case finished and the colored pencils in a easy to carry 'case'.   What's next?   I do want to take some fabric crafts so I'll have to come up with something to hold them...stay tuned.

There's a new journal post up.   Think about it...I did and have begun to journal about my favorite 'sometime' wish.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...