Thursday, June 25, 2015

LEAVING TOMORROW FOR UPSTATE

Lady J is loaded and ready to go.   I will check the fluid levels in the radiator first but so far, so good. I made arrangements with a service center up in Beacon to have them check out the cooling system as soon as I get there.  

They actually said that there were certain scenarios where the reserve would be full but the radiator empty.   Feeling a lot better about it.

So, once things are checked out with Lady J - successfully, I hope - then I will make arrangements to have Duchess serviced, do the last minute shopping for a few things, then clean Duchess well.   She needs it believe me.

Finally, the bar up in Beacon is having a going away celebration for some of us and I will be attending that for a bit before hitting the sack.   Have to be up early to take youngest son to catch the 6am train so he can get back to Brooklyn to help his brother move into his new apartment.  

Then I'll hook up Duchess...that will be fun.   It's been a while since I have done it...and finally on to her service appointment.   And if all goes well, on the road to Maryland.

The cats know something is up.   They always get a bit uptight when boxes and bags come out.   I was happy to see that they remembered youngest son and welcomed him into the apartment by not leaving him alone.   I will miss them but I really think that having them stay here will be better for them.   They aren't spring chickens anymore.

This will be my last post this week...way too much to do and no internet hook-up.   If all goes the way I plan, I will be leaving Maryland on Monday heading west with one of my grandsons.   I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun on the way out...showing all the sights to younger eyes.   What an adventure...

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you next week...
Have a great weekend...