Thursday, October 15, 2015

LIFE ON THURSDAYS

Well, today was alternate side of the street day for me...in other words, I had to move Lady J for street cleaning.

I usually use these days for any major shopping, especially grocery.   I really didn't have much to pick up today so I meandered through the pet store.   When I get my stuff here, arranged and organized,  I want to establish a fresh water aquarium with neons.  I love watching those tiny fish swim around.

My apartment is beginning to fill up with boxes...
Furniture!  But not mine.   They belong to my youngest son who will be moving into his own apartment at the end of the month.   I think the large upright box is an office chair and the smaller box is a tv stand.   He will have fun putting these together...in his own apartment!!

Oh, I promised to take a picture of my bike a while ago.   It's the front bike in the picture.   The one with the old fashioned type handle bars...and more speeds than I know what to do with...

It's a really nice bike especially for an old lady like me.  She's kind of grey colored so I call her GG for Grey Ghost.

Dinner tonight is Swiss Steak.   I usually make it in an electric skillet but today I decided to make enough to freeze so I tried an oven recipe...

It will be cooking several more hours before I add the sour cream and serve it over rice.

Yesterday, while I was out, I stopped in and had a Tall Carmel Frap at Starbucks.   I had several gift cards.   By the way, did you know that they can take all the amounts on each card and put it on one.   Very nice.   Anyway, I picked up some Pumpkin Latte instant coffee.   I had a cup this afternoon and it was very good.   Not quite as good as fresh from Starbucks but an excellent close second.

Still not sure if I will be going up this week to pick up my furniture or not.   It depends on a couple of possible events that my middle son needs to attend.   Stay tuned...

Well, I hope your day is great...
Football tonight...
Talk to you tomorrow (unless I am on the road to Maine)...
If so, talk to you on Monday...