Friday, March 4, 2016

DRAWING AND TAGS

Well, it did snow last night...not a lot but enough to make it slippery today.   It hasn't warmed up enough for all the snow to melt and it's totally cloudy so no melting from sunshine either.  The good news is that alternate side parking rules were suspended for snow removal!!   So Lady J and I did not have to go out today.

Of course, I really do need to get to the grocery store fairly soon for some necessary items like toilet paper!!!  But that will happen tomorrow morning.

The last time I was at the New York Botanical Garden, I picked up a book on drawing called the 'Botanical Illustration Course' by Rosie Martin and Meriel Thurstan.
This really is an excellent book which is generous with samples of all types of drawing/painting mediums.  I tried some pencil drawings for my tag challenge using this book.   This one turned out quite well...

Here are a few more tags from the tag challenge...

One of the things I like about this challenge is the ability to try out new techniques, ideas, etc.  Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't, but all the time it's fun.

Weekend plans?   Other than shopping tomorrow, I think it will be a few days at home but that's okay with me.   I'll be able to catch up on my reading and crafting.   What about you?   Planning anything big this weekend?  Hope it works out just fine for you.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you on Monday...