Wednesday, March 2, 2016

PANTS!!!

I just looked up and saw that it was 11:30pm...half hour to publish a post before tomorrow!!!   Where did today go?   Well, it went to the recovery from a 24 hour stomach bug which left me attached to the facilities canceling all my plans.  

Also, I am doing a favor for a friend which is taking much longer than anticipated.  I am shortening four pairs of suit pants. The fabric is synthetic and a bear to work with.   The first pair frayed so easily that I needed to zigzag a stitch at the edge, but it didn't lay flat.   So then I added a thin strip of black edging.   It's not great, but I did finish hemming it.

The next pair, I simply turned the edge under and hemmed it. Because the fabric doesn't fray easily, I think it will work.   I have two more pair both of them with silk lining.   I figure that they will take most of the day tomorrow.   Oh for a serger...it would make this project much easier.

I am getting ready for spring.   I love these two bunnies...

And remember the Santa?   Look at these cuties...

Back to hemming...at least for a few more minutes...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...