Thursday, April 28, 2016

YESTERDAY'S ADVENTURES AND CHALLENGE ART TAGS

YESTERDAY'S ADVENTURES
Hi all.   Sorry that I didn't have an opportunity to talk with you yesterday.  But after a long day ending up with a light evening meal out,  something did not sit well and I guess that's enough said.  It took until about mid-day today before I felt well enough to join the living!!!

So, how did yesterday go?   Busy.   First, out to Valley Stream which is east of New York City on Long Island to pick up my meds and to check out getting a new pair of glasses for mid-length vision. Make that my computer and organ glasses.  I did order the glasses and I can't wait until they arrive.

Then, onto the salami place...well...not exactly.   I couldn't find it!.   I found several specialty shops like Sinky Brooklyn (a cheese shop) and Stabitz Deli.   And the folks knew about the fig salami but neither had any in stock!

I think I walked about four miles on this little adventure.   Have no fear, tomorrow I will be searching once again even harder.   After learning about this company on the local PBS (Channel 25) station, I really want to find it.

I did take some time to check out the new Michaels in Brooklyn on Atlantic Avenue.   It has two floors and is one of the best stocked craft/fine arts store I have seen.   There are very few decorative items.  The majority of the stock is craft and fine art supplies.   A very welcome addition because there are very few craft stores in the area.

On my walks by the water,  I have always seen two ducks...
I am not sure if it's the same ducks each time, but it is always two in this particular area.   What do you think?

I also saw this bush full of cute little yellow flowers...

But what attracted me was this...
The area around the bush was full of little white butterflies.   Made the whole area seem alive and moving.

CHALLENGE ART TAGS
I have finished two more tags.   The challenge theme was to use punches.   I actually have very few, but I do have some small ones.   Here's the first tag using a butterfly punch, a front view...

Here's a side view...
I wanted to show that it is 3-d.   The butterflies are only attached in the center.  

And here's the second tag using a small apple punch...

The background for all my tags this week are previous canvasses which I am cutting up to reuse in other projects.

A friend asked how my puzzle is going?   Slowly.   But I will get there eventually...

Well, that's all for today...
Thanks for checking things out here...
Talk to you tomorrow...
(And hopefully, I can show you photos of the salami shop!!!)