Thursday, May 12, 2016

BOROUGH HALL, ART CHALLENGE TAGS AND BOOKS

BOROUGH HALL
When I left the DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) I walked back to the Court Street Subway.   On the way, I walked through the Cadman Plaza Park...


It's a large open field surrounded by wide walkways with plenty of benches for sitting.  As a matter of fact, I have found that there's an abundance of benches in all the parks in the city.   A nice bonus.

Leaving the Cadman Plaza Park and crossing Tillary Street, I entered the Korean War Veterans Plaza...




At the other end of this plaza I crossed into the King's County Supreme Court plaza area.   It's a large open space and hosts a farmer's market with tons of vendors twice a week in the spring, summer and fall seasons.  The subway entrance is also in this area.

BOOKS
I did run across a sale at Powerhouse books and picked up a couple, extremely cheap, like $2 & $5.

Today, I went up to the Bronx for lunch and on the way back I stopped at Union Square and walked around.   Of course, I had to check out my favorite store...The Strand Bookstore.   They had a giant sale going on.   I counted over a dozen large book cart on the sidewalk full of really cheap books,..$1 of $2 each.

Needless to say, I did pick up a couple...

ART CHALLENGE TAGS
I haven't posted any of my art challenge tags from last week.  The theme was to use something you purchased but haven't used.   I had a lot of stickers, etc. so that'a what I used.   I had so many left over that I am giving them away.   I really don't use them at all, so I thought that it was a good idea to give them to someone who will.   Here are the tags...



Well, with the five miles I walked on Tuesday and the four miles today, I have nine miles so far.   Only three left to go and I will get them in on Saturday.   I also climbed 16 floors...gotta love those subway stairs!!!

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you later...