Tuesday, August 30, 2016

AHH, THE JOYS OF A HEALTH CHECKUP, INCLUDING LADY J

Guess what I did yesterday?  Right...a doctor's appointment to make sure that I'm still alive and well. I am!!!

Now I have to convince my body that all is well even with my advanced age!  I did realize something yesterday.  Actually, my doctor realized it.

I haven't walked or exercised once since I got to Park City other than the incidental outings.  I was bemoaning that fact when my doctor simply said...'You're on vacation.'  So simple an answer.  And you know what, I'm sticking with it.

About Lady J.  Everyone said that her brakes were too low.  I said...no, they are fine.  Well, to make a long story short, I took her in yesterday to check out her brakes.  Guess what?  They were fine. They just operate differently than the newer vehicles everyone was driving where you barely touch the brakes.  Lady J, well, she's a seasoned veteran and demands a bit more attention from her driver!!!

Today I finished getting the shipment ready to the Empire Guild back in NYC for the September meeting which I will not be attending. Lots of samples and informational signs and sign-up sheets for both the Focus Groups and for the Round Robin.

I have just about completed my plans for revising my blog but due to everything that's going on between now and the middle of October, I think I will unveil everything either at the end of October or the beginning of November.

One of the new features will be a twice a month ongoing chapter about a group of quilters who meet twice a month.  This is a down home fictional account of their lives and one that I think will be fun to follow.  There are six very different members of the group, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, adventures and, of course, quilting.

I have decided to add different things to the end of each chapter.  It may be a recipe for something out of the ordinary like Swedish Coffee.  Or, it may be a design that was referenced in the chapter.  I look at these additions as a bonus to readers.  By the way, if you have never tasted Swedish Coffee you are in for a treat.

Well, tomorrow is talk day as well as more errand running.  Maybe I'll be able to catch some photos while I'm out.  Still no hot-air balloons but I live in hope.  They are beautiful to watch as they glide through the skies.

That's all for today folks,
Thanks for stopping by,
Talk to you tomorrow...