Monday, August 8, 2016

I HAVE ARRIVED

Yep, I have arrived at my destination...Park City, Utah.   One of the things that always surprises me is the vastness of the big sky, especially when it's full of clouds.  There have been some really windy, rain-filled electric storms the past couple of days.

Another thing that always inspires me is the vastness of the land itself...
Just look at the expanse in this picture and the unique rock formations!!!

The trip out was uneventful.   I left Tuesday early afternoon after finding out the Dale who was not acting normal is really okay...just suffering from irritable bowel syndrome which may become chronic.  
I spent one night in a hotel and the rest of the time I slept at truck stops, one of my favorite money saving ideas.

Now that I have recovered from the trip, I hope to enjoy finding new areas to explore around here.

While catching up on my blog reading I came upon two articles that I would like to recommend to you.   First, an article by Mareliza Fabrega titled '60 Small Ways To Improve Your Life In the Next 100 Days'.   You can find the article here.  I thought about doing this while on vacation but I decided to try it when I get back home to NYC,

The other article is by Courtney Carver at Be More With Less blog. The article is '7 Simple Ways To Get Back On Track'.  You can find that article here.

I received great information this past weekend...a studio apartment came available and it's mine when I get back!!!!   I have been wanting a studio for a long time.  

This one is the largest in the apartment complex which is great.   It was just completely remodeled for another tenant who decided to move. Best of all, I will be saving several hundred dollars a month which will allow me to have more fun with Duchess!!!

So, I will be moving when I get back home, but only down one floor!!! Can't wait.  I have already looked at the best daybed with trundle to purchase.   The first one I really loved wasn't the best because it had a weight limit.  And as I will be using it as a couch in the living area, I felt I needed to go with metal rather wood slats.

It will be interesting to see how I wind up arranging everything, but I know that I will be able to and have fun doing it!!!

Tomorrow I'll share the monthly quilting workshops I will be doing at the Empire Quilt Guild.

That's all for today...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...