Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A LITTLE OF THIS, A LITTLE OF THAT...


The same beautiful thistles are all around here.   I think their flowers are just gorgeous, unfortunately most folks want to rid their yard of them.   I guess I don't blame them...they can hurt if you're walking barefoot.

I don't know how many football fans are reading my blog but if you're one of them, like me, you were probably pretty bummed out about the Hall of Fame Game being cancelled due to a bad paint job on the field.   I was all set to watch last Sunday...sigh...but it was not to be.

I did watch Inspector Lewis, though.   I can't believe this is the last season.   I love that show.   I was wondering if there was any talk about continuing the series with Hathaway taking the lead.   Hope someone is thinking about it, at least.

Coloring Books!   Can you believe the amount of adult coloring books that have hit the shelves, especially in bookstores?  It seems like overnight they have taken over half the magazine space. What gives anyway?

Well, I told you that I was leading a series of workshops for the Empire Guild called Focus Groups.  I put together the upcoming year 2016-2017 beginning in October with Weaving a Pumpkin Wall Hanging; November is easy horizontal landscapes; December is paper piecing a snowflake mug rug; January is Happy Villages; February is Fun with Snippets; March does not have any Focus Groups; April is Embellishments; May is Using Scraps, Even Tiny Ones; and June is Mosaics.

I am looking forward to leading them.   I think it will be fun.  Each of the creations will be small and relatively easy to do.   Kind of like appetizers, just to see if it is something folks want to continue with larger more in depth projects.

I am also heading up Round Robin Activities if any members are interested. If you live in the NYC area and enjoy quilting, why not visit Empire Quilters.   You can find more information here.

Well, that's all for now folks...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...