Friday, September 2, 2016

FOOTBALL!!!

Well, I did get to the University of Utah football game.

The weather was overcast and windy and at the end of the second quarter it did rain.  The group I was with all got up and walked up to the top of the stadium where there is a large covered walkway.  The rain didn't last long so we were back in our seats at the beginning of the third quarter.

A new addition to the stadium was a super large tv.  Take a look at this...

I could not detect any separation in the screen at all and the clarity of the picture was unbelievably good.

Our seats were excellent.  I'm not sure if there are any bad seats in the stadium,  Yesterday was red and white checkered day and our section was red so I wore a red sweatshirt.  

You can see from the picture how easy it was to see the action on the field.  By the way, the Ute's as they are called won the game.

I enjoyed watching the University of Utah Band both when they played in the stands...

And on the field during half-time...

The games are televised which means there were added breaks throughout the game.  Not just between quarters...during quarters. For instance, one person tried to catch the football three times. Or, another time someone tried to kick the football through the goal posts.  At times, they introduced different athletic teams. 

None of these took a lot of time, but to me they stopped the flow of the game.  I wonder if that has any affect on the teams?

It was a lot of fun tho, and I would encourage if you have a chance, go see a college game in person. 

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend...
Talk to you on Tuesday...