Friday, October 28, 2016

COOKING & MORE PICTURES FROM VERMONT

I cleaned the house today...really well.  Then I put on some music and decided to cook.  First up, Jethra...a lentil-rice dish with sauteed onions.  Still wanting to cook more, I found a ham bone in the freezer and decided to make split-pea soup.
Not satisfied and wanting to do some more cooking, I took out a chicken breast and popped it in the oven with potatoes, carrots and tomatoes.  I coated everything with olive oil and then I covered it all with strips of bacon.  That's still in the oven.

Yesterday, I finally tried making kale chips.  Easy as can be.  I washed the kale, spun it dry, put it in a large bowl and added about three tablespoons of olive oil and some salt, coating all the kale.  Put it on two large baking sheets so that the kale was spread out and not on top of each other.  Baked it for 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
I will be making these a lot.  Especially when I want some potato chips.  These definitely fill that bill. Next time I am going to try some different seasonings.

Some of the places that I visited in Vermont were the depot...

The typical New England white church...

And one of the many covered bridges...

The difference in cloud cover is very evident.  I took the photo of the church on Tuesday, the depot and covered bridge were taken on Wednesday.

And a couple more pictures of the countryside...



I have more photos from Vermont to share next week.

So, can you believe that the weekend is upon us?  Time sliding by! Yesterday was cold and rainy, today was cold and cloudy. Tomorrow and the week following are supposed to be in the 60's, warm and sunny. Hope so because I want to get out a bit...although, there is football to think about...

How about you, any plans for the weekend?  I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you on Monday...