Tuesday, October 18, 2016

LIFE STILL GOING ON....

I think I might have overdone it yesterday...remember, I did a lot of driving running errands, walking and even did my laundry.  This morning I was back to hurting.  Not all the way back, but I did modify my 'to-do' list.

I was going to the post office (about ten blocks away) and stop in several places on the way back for a variety of things.  I decided to stay home instead.  I rested most of the morning but I have done a few things around the apartment.

For instance, I have had two rope lights that I have always wanted to hang in my main window. Today I did it - after cleaning the window!  I am using command strips...crossed fingers that they stay up.  I really like the look at night.  Here's kind of what it will look like...
Yes, that's my view but quite frankly, I love my apartment so much that the lack of a great view is not a problem.  All I have to do is walk out the apartment complex door, across the street and be in a great park area.

I told you that I do have the season of orange up - fall - and I want to share a couple village pieces that I really love...
Did you ever go on hay rides when you were young?  I always remember enjoying them...some wagons were hauled by horses and others by tractors.  We usually went through the corn fields (after the corn had been harvested).  The dried corn stalks made lots of noise as the wagons went over them. Well, that's what these figurines remind me of.

I never had a tree house, but I did enjoy climbing trees.  Especially the pine trees at my father's parents home.  No one was ever happy with me because I got pine sap all over my clothes...but it was a lot of fun.

I was going to remove the two doors leading into the kitchen but I found that I can hang lots of things on them easily, so I decided to keep them up.  Here's the last workshop project for Empires Quilters which I led.  The one that gave me back/leg problems!!!

And speaking of the workshops, I finally designed a really simple paper pieces rug mug for the workshop in December...
I have several new quilters so I decided to keep it simple.  The edges are white and the inside is white and blue with the blue pieces the corner ones.  For the inside, instead of regular batting, I am sewing two pieces of white felt together after placing some seasonal spices inside so that when a warm mug is set on the mug rug, it will give off a light scent.

The weather was unseasonably warm today.  Actually, last night was rather warm also.  I have all the windows open which is wonderful.  I love cool weather but I hope it stays warm enough to keep windows open at least during the day for a long time.

That's all for today folks,
Talk to you tomorrow...
Thanks for visiting...