Wednesday, October 19, 2016

MUG RUG PRACTICE

Remember the rope light I put in the big window yesterday.  Well, this is what it looks like at night...
It really stands out!  I love it!

I wanted to work on the mug rug for the workshop I am giving in December.  I ordered printable pellum and it arrived today.  So the first thing I did was to print one piece...
It worked beautifully.  I only sent one sheet of pellum through the printer at a time but I can get two patterns on one page.

So, next I picked out two fabrics to use.  The color did not come out very well in the picture below. The light color is actually a shiny, very pale blue.


On to paper piecing by hand...
The final piece which connects to the first piece was a bit tricky.  I folded the fabric back on one side to match the line and then I did a slip stitch so it would not show.  Finally, I added the borders.


It's not perfect, but it can be done.

To finish it up, I will attach the back on three sides.  Slip in the felt sandwich which I told you about yesterday and finish the final side. Because it's so easy, I think all the participants will be able to finish it completely during the workshop.

Final debate tonight.  It will be interesting to watch the fireworks!!!

That's all for today...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...