Friday, October 21, 2016

RAINY FRIDAY IKEA VISIT

It was really a very wet, rainy day today.  Lady J was parked on the side of the road that was scheduled for it's weekly cleaning so off we went...right.   Off to IKEA.  Now, I love IKEA but visiting the store on a weekend here in NYC is not a rewarding experience.


But today I arrived when it opened.  Hardly anyone around.  It was a pleasure.  I didn't walk through the whole place, I only wanted to check out the Market Place because I was looking for very special items.

I have been looking for chair pads - now that I regularly sit at the table for my meals - but I was unwilling to pay such a high price ($20/each)  I remembered that I got chair pads at IKEA that were quality made but only cost a couple dollars.

They had chair pads for $1.99, $2.99, $3.99, $4.99 and some with flaps for more.  I really wanted only red cushions and the only ones that were red were the $4.99.  But, get this, they were the exact chair pad that was $19.99 at one of the stores I visited last week!

So, here's what it looks like...
...thick and comfortable.

My back cushions for the daybed arrived today.  I will be covering them this weekend.  I think that will be it for decorating my new home.

So do you have any plans for the weekend?  It's suppose to rain all day tomorrow so I think I will be staying home.  And because the first football game on Sunday is played in England, I will be watching football all day beginning at 9:30am!!!

Hope the weather is great where you are and that you have a very nice, relaxing weekend.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you on Monday...