Monday, October 10, 2016

THE APARTMENT IS DONE...

Well mostly.  I will be doing some sorting now that things are in relative order.  But, the apartment looks great...especially in the season of orange.  So enjoy my pictures...
First, above is the area is from the front door to the left.  The closet is large and I managed to get all the boxes from the large closet in the other apartment in it.  But it is packed floor to ceiling. Area looks small right?  Well check out the next picture of the same area...
Room for my bike, my keyboard and the lawyer shelves.  The area between the bike and the keyboard chair is about 3 feet square. Looks crowded but it isn't crowded at all. I can put my bike down and use it as an exercise bike without moving anything.

So here the kitchen without anything...
It's an alley kitchen with a window at the end.  There is twice as much counter space and cupboard space than the former kitchen even though there was more floor space.  So check out these pictures...

I have a shelf next to the stove as well as the cart which holds my microwave.  Everything from my former kitchen fit in this one with no problem.  For the time being, I even have my tools under the sink!!!

Next the living area...
There is 27 feet from the door to the wall.  Doesn't seem that long in this picture, but there's a lot of space.  So here are pictures of things on the wall beginning with the door...

Between the secretary and the shelves is my antique wicker planter which is 3 feet wide.  At the end of the area I have a four foot chest, a 30 inch quilt rack plus my mission rocker.  On the back wall is my buffet and in front is my table and four chairs...
There's plenty of room around the table to pull out the chairs and sit in them and still be able to walk around the area!

Across from the shelves is my sitting area.  The first picture is from the area in front of the door.  The second is from the other side of the room.

I did have both wingback chairs, one on either side of the daybed, but one of my son's needed a comfortable chair to sit in so I gave him one.  There's about four feet between the shelves and the coffee table...lots of room to walk and for the cats to run around.

And here is my studio space.  First a picture of it empty.  The hallway has two large closets on either side and the bathroom at the end. Again, it looks small.  But check out my studio in the picture below...
I have plenty of room for everything.  See the cart in front of the window.  That was what I moved 95% of my things on...it's a three shelf cart that can hold 600 pounds.  Right now I have it full of things I need to sort but soon my tools will be on it.  The area where my chair sits is three feet square. Once again, plenty of space.

Well, that's my new apartment.  I really love it and enjoy it very much. Lots of light and windows, with one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen.

There's a new monthly thought posted as well as a new weekly journal prompt.  I will be on line regularly from now on.  Thanks to folks who wanted to know what was going on.

Also, next month I will be introducing you to a fictional group of quilters and you will be able to follow their lives with twice a month updates.  I think you may enjoy getting to know them as well as trying out some of their recipes and quilt designs.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...