Saturday, October 1, 2016

YES, I'M STILL HERE

Just a short post to let you know what's going on in my life right now.  

First of all, I did make it back to NYC.  I decided to take my time and only drove about 700 miles a day, stopping each night at a motel and relaxing.  The last day was a short drive of around 300 miles which meant that I got back in time to get a parking spot by my apartment.

And, as I told you before, the very next day after arriving, I began to move from my old apartment to my new one.  All I can say is that the heavy duty, three shelf cart with large wheels was a lifesaver.  I probably made 300 trips back and forth.  Good thing it was on the same floor!

The thing is that both folks who were going to help out were sick. They did help especially with the really large pieces of furniture but I did all the rest.

The daybed I ordered is wonderful, but it came in about a million pieces.  Took me five hours to get it together...not difficult, just lots and lots of instructions!!!

And the other thing is that I did not have time to edit down my stuff. Remember I was moving from a one bedroom apartment to a very large studio.  I have managed to get everything mostly settled EXCEPT my studio which will need a lot of reorganization.

But I have to tell you that I love...really love my new apartment.  It was totally redone with new kitchen cabinets and appliances, new bathroom fixtures, new floor and completely painted with a light color.  And it is large.  It feels more spacious that my old apartment. That's probably because I really never took advantage of the bedroom.

But right now I am in Maryland babysitting my grandchild and friend while their parents are on a short vacation.

I will be going back Tuesday morning and will start organizing my studio.  I decided that instead of driving straight back I will stop either in Intercourse, PA, a small Amish Village to check out some shops, and/or at Peddler's Village, also in PA.

I realized there's nothing to stop me from having fun on the way back rather than just driving up and down I95...so why not combine some fun places to visit.   I have been to both places in the past but it's been a while and I thought it would be fun to rediscover these villages.

And the other thing I need to do is finish getting ready for my quilting workshop next Saturday.  And finish getting the Round Robin envelopes ready as well as the publicity for following month's workshop.

Today, it's raining here in Maryland, so watching college football is perfect...

Hope all is well with all of you.  I can't wait to get back to regular posting...

Thanks for stopping by...

Talk to you soon...