Wednesday, December 14, 2016

CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATED & ANOTHER VILLAGE

And may I present, finally, the decorated tree...

I always underestimate how long it takes to actually decorate the tree. There are lots and lots of ornaments on this tree. I begin by placing all the shiny balls on the inside of the tree, preferably in an area where they hang freely and can move. You would be surprised how the lights are magnified by doing this little trick. It looks like there are twice as many lights on the tree. Unfortunately, I could not capture that in my photo.

Today was talk day for me with a couple close friends using Skype. Skype did have it's problems though. I suspect that during the holiday season more and more folks are using Skype to talk with their family and friends.

I was hoping to get a little baking done, but decided that laundry and tree decorating needed to come first. Tomorrow is Bronx lunch day and Friday is Rockefeller Center day followed by Bar None in the evening. I think baking will have to wait until Saturday.

As I said before, I love my villages and this one is the latest one added to my collection. It's the Mistletoe Village, one that my husband and I collected. My photos this evening are not that great, I think sometime next week I will pull out my big camera and see if I can get better pictures. But here is my second village...


So, are you decorating for the season? Do you like villages as much as I do? I often wonder why I like them. I think they remind me of a different time, kind of like the Grandma Moses' paintings. A time when in my imagination, things are simpler and more attuned to living in relationship with nature. That's something I think I need to explore...it may be telling me something that I haven't quite understood.

Well, my packages all got mailed yesterday, Lady J's turning light got replaced and I dropped off a lot of things at the thrift store. A nice set of accomplishments even though it meant driving for several hours...accidents and road construction!

That's all folks...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...