Tuesday, January 31, 2017

POLITICAL COMMENTARY & ROUND ROBIN QUESTIONS


'What a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive!'
Sir Walter Scott

POLITICAL COMMENTARY

I have noticed that more and more of the blogs which I follow are posting their dismay about our current political situation. Interesting to say the least, because most of these blogs are artistic/craft oriented. Just another fact that leads me to the conclusion that this is something we have not seen before. 

Yes, there have been demonstrations and folks upset before. And we have had movements like opposing the war of Vietnam, the women's movement and racial equality. But there is definitely something different and I think that many folks believe that our democracy is at risk.

It heartens me to see all the folks who are getting involved, not just demonstrating but at all levels of our political structure. For too long, I believe, the Democratic Party has emphasized the presidential election so much so that other elections, especially at the state and local level have been taken over by the opposition party. And that party has done all it can to secure and maintain power even by using less than admirable means.

All of us need to stay engaged. Two years is not a long time and if we start now, we can have a drastic impact on the next election and at the least level the playing field. In the meantime, I think we will also have to fight with everything at our disposal to stop some of the radical and unjust orders and laws that may be issued.

But we will only lose if we give up...so keep the faith, keep engaged and smile.  Remember all those folks who are standing shoulder to shoulder with us.

NOTE: In yesterday's post, I was mistaken about one item. The Muslin Ban was superficially vetted and I erroneously said that it wasn't. I do apologize for that error and want to correct it.


ROUND ROBIN QUESTIONS

This is the last exchange of one of the round robins I took part in and I am not exactly sure what to do with it...

I have had it on my design wall for several days and still no ideas have sprung up for me to work on. And I do mean no ideas. The center has beadwork and lace so I am thinking that I may include those in my addition but what do I add. I really don't want to just add more borders. Well, I hope that keeping it up will somehow prod my creativity!

I have had a couple of questions from round robin participants which are interesting and for which I am struggling to answer.

The first question is: Can a participant cut into what has already been created? I'm not sure how to answer this one.

The second question is: Can a participant redo something added by a previous participant if it is done sloppily? I have to say that I have not run across many situations in which sloppiness is a factor. I am included to say yes to this question.

Well, that's all for today...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...