Wednesday, January 18, 2017

ROUND ROBIN REVEALS, LEFT OVER PAINTER'S CLOTH, A NEW PROJECT & HEALTH CARE

Well, the temperatures may be in the mid to high forties, but with the damp, dark, windy and cloudy weather, it feels a lot colder. I wore my winter jacket today when I was out walking including gloves! I even stopped in for a cup of hot coffee to warm up. So I thought that beginning my blog with a flower would chase away those chills.

ROUND ROBIN REVEALS

Four of the five round robin groups got to see the results last Saturday. I was late in getting photos of most of the reveals but here are the ones I did photograph...





I really loved the results of my round robin. Remember this was the center...

And this is my reveal...

LEFT OVER PAINTER'S CLOTH

When I finished making my design wall and photograph wall, I had a small piece of painter's cloth left over that I knew I would not be able to use when making the wingback slipcover. Rather than discard the piece, I cut it into smaller pieces that could be used as background when making quilt wall hangings. Now this fabric ravels easily...

That needs to be remedied while working with it.  There are several ways to stop the raveling. Stitching with a zig zag stitch all around the edges works well. Using a tape like duct tape to cover the edges also works well. Another way is to completely finish the edge as shown.

A NEW PROJECT

With one of the painter's cloth background, I decided to try a new project. I saw an article in the Winter 2006 Quilting Arts Magazine titled "Harmonious Attraction: Painterly Effects with Yarn and Fabric" by Kirsten Chursinoff.

The first step is to create a picture. I choose to create a mosaic out of a variety of fabrics...

I will be adding lots of thread work and yarn. Not sure where it will end up but I always enjoy trying new techniques.

HEALTH CARE

There's a lot of talk swirling around the Affordable Health Care Act. Joanne at "Wednesday's Child" has a brief but interesting post about the difference between Access and Coverage. Check it out here.

That's all for today folks,
Thanks for dropping by,
Talk to you tomorrow...