Tuesday, February 28, 2017

R.I.P.CHEZ PAZIENZA & BECOMING AN ADULT?

REST IN PEACE CHEZ PAZIENZA

What a sad loss. Chez Pazienza may have been an acquired taste but his political articles were right on target. He was a brilliant writer cutting straight to the truth. And he was a person who cared for people and understood the demons that some people fought because he fought them also. 

I truly enjoyed the banter between Chez and Bob on the Bob and Chez Show. But I think I was drawn to Chez not only because we had the same political bent but because he liked the same Disney character that I did...Eeyore. You will be remembered, Chez, whenever I hear Eeyore or Don Bidondi!!!

BECOMING AN ADULT?

At my age, one would think that I have it all together, right? Wrong! I finally got to the Social Security Office today to get a replacement card.  (I need it to get my NY Driver's License.) I kept asking myself, 'Is this what it feels like to be a responsible adult'? To actually do what needs to be done rather than procrastinate.

When I got there, the line of folks was long. Actually, the number they were calling was 624. My number was 684!  So, I settled in for a long afternoon. To my surprise, it was actually less than an hour before my number was called. And I think I spent all of two minutes with the clerk before everything was done. Of course, I did have my form filled out and all the documents needed.

The Social Security Office is located downtown Brooklyn, so since it took such a short time, I decided to walk around. And that lead to Barnes & Nobles. And that lead to the purchase of a couple magazines...my downfall!

The weather was beautiful...I could have gone in a short-sleeved shirt and a light jacket rather than the sweatshirt, vest and Viking's heavy jacket. (I shed the jacket fairly soon.) Things were buzzing in the downtown area and there were lots of wonderful food smells.  I will definitely have to go back and spend some time exploring.

That's all for today. A reminder, you never know when you will not be around for good, so don't put off telling your loved ones how much they mean to you.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...