Monday, February 27, 2017

SURPRISE IN THE BRONX, FABRIC FOLK ART PIECE & THE LAST HIKE

SURPRISE IN THE BRONX

This photo was taken today!  In the Bronx!  It's still February isn't it...at least for one more day, right?

Well, I spent my day in midtown at a clinic across from Lenox Hospital.  An appointment for pre-surgical exam which was supposed to take two hours but which took over three and a half. Some mix-up in registration. But it's all good now.

Why? Well, I am going to have cataract surgery next Monday. I have been frustrated by not seeing images sharply. When I look at the music while playing the organ, it takes a fraction of a second to see the note sharply and when I am playing 32nd notes that fraction of a second makes a big difference.

So, although I am not exactly happy about having surgery, I am excited to be able to see sharply once again and to be able to play those wonderfully complicated organ master works.

FABRIC FOLK ART PIECE

Remember the fabric folk art piece I was working on? I have finished the embroidery. This is the before picture...

And this is the piece now...
Notice that I did remove the two pieces of fabric on the border. I still need to outline the centers of the flowers. I think the embroidery - blanket stitch - really added to the piece. Once I outline the flower centers, I will add some batting and a back and do some quilting.

THE LAST HIKE


For the last day of hiking, we went to Harriman Park. The day was sunny and warm and there were lots of folks out hiking.

I took a few pictures of the area...


Although it was warm, I saw no little animals nor heard any birds which I thought was a bit strange. Still, the area was beautiful. I found a few indications of spring...


That's it for tonight...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...