Friday, March 17, 2017

ON THE WAY TO THE POST OFFICE & MY HANDMADE JOY EXCHANGE

I did make it to the post office today. The sidewalks were mostly clean, especially on the sunny side of the street. The only place where it was a bit dicey were the street corners. I almost slipped a couple times because the snow/ice looked slushy but it wasn't...it was hard and slippery.  As a matter of fact, we did get more snow than I thought...



And these pictures were taken today after a couple days of melting.

But the reason I went to the post office was to mail off my Handmade Joy Exchange. I wound up cutting a priority box apart and reassembling it to accommodate my package, but it worked out well.

So what did I make, well, remember my journal cover...

Here's a close-up of the cover...

And the inside...

This is what I added to the inside...

Then I decided to decorate a box, insider and outside. I used cloth, lace and fussy cut flowers. I even made a fluffy bottom on the inside. Take a look at these pictures...





I used velcro dots for closures. It looks really nice and I was happy to send it off. Of course, I added a note, as I always do, that encouraged the recipient to regift the exchange to someone else if it didn't fit her personal style or use.

We're supposed to get snow this weekend but the temperatures are going to be in the forties so I doubt it will have any staying power.

So do you have plans for the weekend? I will be working on a new project which I will share next Monday, probably make a few more large blocks, listen to Plato's Republic and brush up on my calculus!  Excuse me, did you really say Republic and calculus in the same sentence with quilt projects? Yep, I sure did and I will tell you why next week.

Well, that's it for this week...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you next week...