Wednesday, April 12, 2017

ANOTHER TRIP TO PENNSYLVANIA & BACKGROUND DONE FOR THE WEAVING PROJECT

Went back to Pennsylvania today...it was dark, cloudy, rainy and windy. Once the storms past, though, it was warm and sunny. Things had blossomed out a bit, especially on Staten Island. PA had some bright spots but I think they need at least a week of warm weather before everything pops. I did catch a photo of this tree...
Even in the overcast, it was spectacular.

So, remember that I was going to work on another new project? I was debating about quilting the background before adding the weaving. I decided to quilt. Here's what it looks like, up close...
I just did a meandering stitch. One day I am going to have to try a more patterned stitch. I use the quilting gloves to move the fabric. I also have found that quilting is easier with a motion slider underneath...on the sewing machine itself.

I use Supreme Slider (Note: I have no affiliation with this company.) and find that it really speeds up my quilting and allows greater control. To be honest, I won't try quilting without it...much too hard.

Tomorrow, I will be pulling fabric and yarn and other stuff for the weaving. And maybe I will even start the weaving.

I did something a bit stupid yesterday. It was the first day that I was able to do some of my exercise regiments. I did one in the morning and it felt so good that I did one in the afternoon...dumb. I now realize that I should have eased back into exercising, not going in full bore. My back and hips are rebelling! You'd think at my age I would know better...guess not.

Well, that's if for today...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...