Thursday, April 13, 2017

EXERCISE INJURY STILL HERE, FLOWER WALL HANGING COMPLETED & QUILTED WEAVING PROJECT WELL UNDERWAY!!!

EXERCISE INJURY STILL HERE

I am still frustrated with myself for being so 'less than smart' about the exercises. Remember, I told you that Tuesday was the first day I could exercise and I overdid it? Well, I am still paying for that little move! Lots of pain meds, hot showers and a heating pad are my main stays today.


FLOWER WALL HANGING

I could do some handwork, though, so I guess it's not all bad. Remember this project...

Well, it's completely finished... almost, I still need to put a pocket on the back for hanging. But other than that I completed embroidery work on the flower centers, quilted the background with a meandering stitch and finished the edges. Here's what it looks like now...

I like it a lot. It was fun to create. I think I am even getting better at meandering!

QUILTED WEAVING PROJECT

The new project has come along also. Yesterday I showed you a part of the quilted background. Today I added a small border including finishing off the back - more hand sewing...

I picked out the fabric strips I wanted to use and finished off their edges...

Next I pulled the decorative yarn I wanted to use...

Weaving was the next step. I did not have a loom so I took a canvas which was already attached to a frame and wound yarn around it...

And I wove the selected pieces...

Finally, I cut the weaving from the frame and placed it on the quilted background.

Now comes lots more hand work as I finish off the yarn with different knots, attach the weaving to the quilted background and embellish it with whatever suits my fancy.

This has been fun, especially since I could work on it while staying on a heating pad.

I really hope that by being quiet today, I will be able to get out tomorrow to do some shopping. I'm having Easter at my place and I need to get to the grocery store as well as mail some things off. Wish me luck...

That's it for today...
I hope spring is as bright for you as it is for me right now...
Take some time and enjoy yourself tonight...
Talk to you later...