Friday, April 14, 2017

SPRING FLOWERS STARTING TO BLOOM, QUILTED WEAVING PROJECT & EASTER MENU

SPRING FLOWERS STARTING TO BLOOM

So, today I got up and the pain was still with me. But, darn it, I had work to do and grocery shopping to get done, a house to clean and clothes to wash.

First thing I did after taking a couple pain pills was to walk down to the local deli and pick up the few items I needed for Sunday's meal. Walked right through that pain and, to my relief, right out of it! Go figure...

Anyway, on the way I did spy my first azalea bush...

Several tulips almost open...

And a beautiful tree in full bloom...


It was very dark and overcast when I was out, but the storms past and it is now bright and sunny although a bit on the cool side.

QUILTED WEAVING PROJECT

This is where I stopped with my project yesterday...

And this is what it looks like now...

I have attached it to the quilted background, added beadwork and some more strands of decorative yarn. I am still going to add more beadwork, but I do like the way it has turned out so far.

EASTER MENU

Well, tomorrow is cooking day...getting ready for Easter dinner. Menu: Kibby (yes, it is raw meat), spinach pies, stuffed grape leaves, potato casserole or potato salad (still haven't decided), a jello salad with line jello, cottage cheese, nuts and cucumbers, boiled eggs, greek olives and french bread. Going to be a busy day for me but I do enjoy cooking for special days. It's the everyday cooking that frustrated me at times...

If I have time, I will make some baklava, but if not I have a few other things in mind...

Thanks for visiting...
I wish all of you who celebrate Easter a wonderful day...
Talk to you next week...