Wednesday, April 26, 2017

EYE DOCTOR, GRAND CENTRAL APPLE STORE & A MYSTERY BOOKSTORE

Well, I made it out today in the cold, drizzly, cloudy day. And although I walked 4 miles which isn't bad, I climbed 18 sets of stairs. Eighteen, folks! Can you guess what's hurting? Knees? Nope, my hips!!! I rarely have problems with hips but I think with the large amount of stairs - I think they keep sinking the subway trains deeper and deeper! - and the weather, the hips have had it. They better hold on for a couple more days...tomorrow, the Bronx.

Today was an appointment with the eye doctor...last connected with my surgery. All's well and I finally got new scripts for glasses...three pairs. What a wonder. Can't wait for this bill.

I also met up with a friend from Empire Quilters and we exchanged our round robin. I'll share photos tomorrow.

Next I went to the Apple Store at Grand Central Station. This photo is from the balcony...

The last time I was at this Apple store it took over the back balcony. It has more than doubled in size as it now takes over the back and side balconies. Lots of folks were at the store but I was at the genius bar in less than five minutes and the genius staff was taking care of my problem in less than ten minutes. Turned out that all I needed was to have the speakers and the ear speaker cleaned. It works beautifully. Gotta love these iPhones.

From there I took the shuttle over to Times Square and picked up the #1 subway which is a local down to Chambers Street. Why? I found a mystery bookstore. It's located at 58 Warren Street in the Village. Check out these photos...



The store itself is small, but it has floor to ceiling bookshelves crammed full of books. They send out a newsletter as well as have authors visit frequently. Once I get my new glasses I will be visiting this store regularly...I will be able to actually read the titles without either standing several feet away or get downright personal with each and every book!!!

And it's already past 8pm and I have another full day tomorrow with an early rise. So I will close this for now and talk to you again...

Thanks for visiting...