Tuesday, April 25, 2017

FABRIC SCRAP COLLAGE AND OTHER PROJECTS

Plans changed...so I am home today. Probably a good thing because it is raining and has been for quite a while. It's also a bit cold...heat is on.

So back to my fabric scraps workshop. I wanted to show you the collage I did while at my Monday meeting...
Again, I want to add embellishments to this piece also, but I want the folks to see what it would look like before embellishments.

I do have another project for them to work on. It's something that everyone has made at one time or another...even children. A bookmark.
This one is easy. I have already applied a fabric adhesive (Heat & Bond) to one side of a precut bookmark form made out of card stock. Participants will be able to use their small fabric scraps to cut out shapes that fit with one another and simply iron them on. A hole punched at the bottom will allow them to add some decorative yarn.

Another project that I am working on is braiding...
No sewing for this one. I simply ironed the raw edges to the back and braided keeping the finished side always to the front. This one will be used to secure a journal. By making it longer, it could be a necklace or lanyard for keys, a hairband or even a belt. Make it shorter for a fabric cuff or bracelet.

Tomorrow, the eye doctor for scripts for new glasses. I feel that my eyes are fighting one another right now because I have nothing that fits both eyes and works. Either one eye is favored or the other eye is. Interesting, to say the least.

Hope you are staying warm and dry, unless you need the rain...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you later...