Wednesday, April 19, 2017

SPRING FLOWERS & FABRIC COLLAGE

SPRING FLOWERS

I took a walk to the post office today and it was downright cold and very cloudy. I wore a sweatshirt, a hoodie and a fleece vest and was still cold. The wind off the ocean can really affect the temperature. That aside, I did manage to take several pictures of spring flowers. Take a look at these...







And remember these tulips? They were fully open on Sunday but in the cold weather, they closed back up...


FABRIC COLLAGE

Well, I have begun working on examples for my next workshop on fabric scraps. One of the projects will be to create a fabric collage. I decided to make several different types. The first two that I am working on include a geometric design and a soft, lacy type. They're not completely finished but you get the idea...


I am using an eight inch square for these examples.  My plans include making at least four more just to give them several ideas. And since tomorrow looks like rain, I think it will be a good time to work on creating them.

That's it for today.
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...