Thursday, April 20, 2017

FABRIC SCRAP COLLAGES

Today began with lots of rain and very cool weather. It cleared up for a couple hours and the temperature rose. Now, the clouds are back and the breeze coming in through the window is once again cool!

As I said yesterday, I decided to work on more fabric scrap collages for my upcoming workshop. This is the geometric design and I haven't added anything to it but I think once the class is over I will be adding embellishments...

I did add more to the soft and lacy collage. What do you think about this one?

Next, I decided to try some miniature blocks. This one was fun but a lot of tiny pieces!

And finally, I tried a landscape...

I put together a little picture tutorial on making this one.  First, gather the sky fabric to use. Don't make any cuts, just lay out the pieces approximately where you want them.

Add the ground fabric pieces...

If you want to add some water place that and continue adding fabric scraps for the ground...

At this point, go back and begin cutting the trimming the pieces. The above layout represents the fabrics pulled at the beginning. Fabric placement will probably be moved and some pieces not used whereas others may be added.

When trimming, remember that the only straight piece is the top of water. The rest are cut with curves.

I wanted to add some points of interest so I began with a cottage...

I thought it needed more so I added a tree and a fussy cut cow from a piece of fabric...

Well, that's all I've made today. Tomorrow looks like more rain so I think I will continue to make a few more fabric scrap collages.

That's it for today...
Thanks for spending a few minutes here...
Talk to you later...