Friday, May 5, 2017

ANOTHER COLLAGE EMBELLISHED

Boy, did it rain this morning!!! We had flooding all over the city. I heard that Central Park had 3 inches today. I cancelled this evening's plans because of the rain which has now stopped. But it's too late to continue with those plans so I am home for the evening.

I finished embellishing the second fabric scrap collage. Here it is including some close-ups...





It's completely different from the first collage...
...but I like it just as much.

Well, I have a ton more collages to embellish. Now my question is...what do I do with them? I wonder if there is a market out there for this type of shabby chic decoration. I have been looking on Etsy as well as other sites but can't decide. Something to ponder on this weekend.

So do you have any weekend plans? I think I will take it easy and stay home for the most part. I began another 'Alpine Mystery' book and it will be a treat to just quietly sit and read, outside if it clears (and dries) up.

I am also working on an example for the final workshop of the year...fabric mosaics. I was beginning to plan the workshop when I realized that I was actually thinking of a different technique...fabric watercolor. This is the technique of cutting lots of squares in many, many different colors to create a fabric picture that looks like a watercolor painting.

Mosaics is a different technique...think stained glass with the lead between different colored pieces of glass. The difference is that a fabric (usually black) would represent the lead with other pieces of colorful fabric creating the picture. Now that my mind is on the right track, I think making an example will be easy. Basically, I will use a piece of black fabric for the foundation.

Well, I almost made my walking mileage but with the lingering pain (probably from those 18 flights of stairs as well as the weather) I'm fine with this week's totals. I have also managed to lose the weight I had planned. So, all-in-all, I'm happy...

Thanks for stopping by this week...
I'll talk with you on Monday...
Be well, be happy, and smile...