Monday, May 8, 2017

SIGHT, AGAIN, NEW MODERN PIECE & RED BUSHES

SIGHT

What a difference a day makes...
I got to pick these up on Sunday...
Three, yep, count them...three different pairs of glasses. They are all single vision. Yes, one pair would be nice but I have tried both bifocal (lined and unlined) and progressive glasses. Yet even after six months, I could not get comfortable with them. So...three pair of glasses!

The top one is for distance and the bottom is for reading. The middle pair is for playing the organ (I tried them yesterday and they are wonderful!) but they also work great for computer work.

The pair that I am having to get used to is the reading glasses. Before cataract surgery, I was able to read without glasses...now, not so much. With the reading glasses, I can see clearly, but my mind still wants to read without so every once in a while, I find myself mindlessly taking off my glasses while reading only to realize...hey...where did the print go?

NEW MODERN PIECE

So, today was Auspicious Stitches day. I shared my finished embellished fabric scrap collages. I am also working on another modern collage. It's much larger and now that I have done some work with embroidery floss, I want to machine quilt it with gold, shiny thread...

The size of this piece is about 13 by 15 inches. It's part collage, part modern, part...I don't know what. But I sure enjoy working like this. Kind of a splotchy modern art painting, only using fabric.

RED BUSHES

On the way to the subway on this cold, cloudy, damp day (Really, I wore a long sleeve shirt, a winter vest and a jacket!) I spotted a couple colorful bushes. Most of the flowers are gone. The rain at the end of last week wiped a lot of them out.


Really, the red in both bushes stood out so much that I felt compelled to take pictures.

Tomorrow, I'll share my mosaic examples for the last workshop I am presenting at the guild.
Until then...

Take care...
Enjoy your day...evening...
Thanks for stopping by...