Wednesday, May 3, 2017

BRONX VISIT & EMBELLISHING MY COLLAGE

BRONX VISIT

I went up to the Bronx for lunch today and the trip both up and back were beautiful. I got off one train just in time to board another. Using express trains really cuts the travel time considerable, that is, if you don't have to wait forever for the local trains. And today, I didn't!!!

Walking home from the train, I spotted this gorgeous tree in full bloom...

I also saw this evergreen bush with tons of new growth and tiny pinecones...

EMBELLISHING MY COLLAGE

Remember my latest collage?

Well, I am beginning to embellish it...

Here's a close-up...

(I'm still struggling with getting the color right.) For the embellishment, I began with embroidery floss - all six strands. Next, I began adding lace and beads. I plan on adding lots more beads as well as more lace. I may also add more embroidery floss in a different color. My plan is to have one collage piece totally embellished for my next workshop so folks can see what additions they can make to their own collages.

Thanks for dropping by...
Have a great evening...
Talk to you tomorrow...